SBCGlobal Email is one of the most used Email services. However, it is acquired by AT&T now. Thus now it operates under the name of AT&T. Hence, to login into your SBCGlobal account, you need to access the AT&T login page.
Read this guide to the end to know more about SBCGlobal Email, its history, sign-up, and sign-in process, etc.
How did SBCGlobal Email get Started?
The SBC in the SBCGlobal is the short form for Southwestern Bell Corporation. And the email services of SBCGlobal were exclusive to the customers of SBCGlobal.
But later, the SBCGlobal was taken over by AT&T services, and it renamed the services of SBCGlobal after AT&T. But this didn’t shut down the SBC email services. However, you can’t create a new SBCGlobal email account. The old SBCGlobal email accounts are still accessible through AT&T email. As the email accounts of SBCGlobal were migrated to AT&T email after their merger.
SBCGlobal and Yahoo mail parted
Until 2017, AT&T Mail and Yahoo were working together. Thus both Yahoo mail and SBCGlobal email were accessible through Yahoo mail and vice-versa. The AT&T email and Yahoo mail even had a combined inbox in which users could access both AT&T and Yahoo mails.
But after 2017, AT&T email and Yahoo mails parted ways. And due to the separation, the earlier merged AT&T and Yahoo email accounts also got unmerged. Thus, now you cannot access your SBCGlobal or AT&T emails in Yahoo mail’s inbox.
However, you can still create an AT&T email address using the URL https://currently.att.yahoo.com/.
ATT.net mail login page is inaccessible
Earlier, the users could easily access their ATT and SBCGlobal email accounts through the ATT.net link. But since the takeover of AT&T Mail operations by Verizon, the ATT.net mail login page is inaccessible. If you try to open the ATT.net login page, it will redirect you to the https://currently.att.yahoo.com page.
If you use the https://digitallocker.att.net/ link, you will find the loading error on this page, as it reloads after every 5 seconds. Plus, this link will not redirect you to the currently.att.yahoo.com page.
However, the most recommended page to login into the AT&T email account is https://siginin.att.com. The AT&T customer service itself recommends this page to login into the AT&T email account. So if you have digitallocker.att.net or att.net pages as bookmarks, we recommend you update it to https://signin.att.com/.
SBCGlobal.net page is inaccessible
The previous SBCGloabal login pages, such as sbcglobal.net, sbcglobal.com, and sbcglobal.prodigy.net are inaccessible for quite some time now. These pages may either redirect you to the currently.att.yahoo.com page or show the Invalid URL message.
The following URLs will also display the invalid URL message:
The most effective page to log in to the SBCGlobal account using the @SBCGlobal.net domain name is https://signin.att.com.
The Signup process of SBCGlobal Login
As mentioned in the last section, the sbcglobal.net web address is inaccessible now. Thus you cannot create a new SBCGlobal email account using this weblink. However, even you try to access this weblink. It will redirect you to http://my.att.net or currently.att.yahoo.com webpage.
But there is another issue. Due to frequent migration and acquisition, now you cannot create a new SBCGlobal email account with the @SBCGlobal.net domain name. Thus you need to use AT&T or Yahoo mail platforms to create your SBCGlobal email account.
Now you need to use the following steps to create an SBCGlobal email account using the AT&T email webpage:
- So firstly, search for the web address https://currently.att.yahoo.com/ web address in the search bar of your browser.
- Once you land on the following page, select the Mail button.
- And then tap on the Create AT&T account page. You will find this page under the ATT email login form.
- Next, you need to enter your User ID and zip code in the respective sections and then tap on the Continue button. After doing so, you will get a confirmation code on your screen.
- Now you just need to follow the on-screen instructions further. Once you complete the on-screen instructions, your SBCGlobal email account will be set up.
But do remember that now there is not an option to create an SBCGlobal email account with the @SBCGlobal.net domain name. The domain name options that you get are @att.net and @currently.com.
In case you want to use the domain name @Yahoo.com, you can create the account using the https://login.yahoo.com/account/create webpage.
Although you can create a username of your choice, you have to create a unique username. Because it could be the case that the username that you are trying to create is already being used by someone else. If your created username is unique, you will see a green tick mark next to your username. But if your created username is already being used, then you’ll see a list of other similar usernames that you can use. Once you create your username, tap the Done button to complete the process.
Steps for SBCglobal Email Login
Stick to the following steps to login into your SBCGlobal email account:
- So foremost, you need to open the SBCGlobal email login page. But as we said earlier, the official SBCGlobal email login pages are inaccessible now. You need to use the AT&T email login page to login into your SBC account. So you can log in using the https://signin.att.com page.
- Once you land on the login page, you need to enter your username and password in the respective sections. And then hit the Sign-in button to log in.
- If you are logging in using your PC, we suggest selecting the Remember username and password option. This way, you won’t have to enter your login credentials each time you log in.
And while logging in, you will get the option to use one of the following domain names:
How to reset the SBCGlobal Email’s password
Suppose you have forgotten the username of your email account, then you are not the only one. Many users usually forget their passwords after a while. Thus, SBCGlobal Email provides a password reset option, using which you can reset your password. And then can create a new password after logging in to your email account.
If you have forgotten your password, then follow these steps to create a new one:
- So firstly, you need to open the email login page using the link https://signin.att.com. Remember that it is the ATT email login page, where you can also log in to your SBCGlobal email account.
- So once you land on the email login page, tap on the Forgot Password button, which you will find below the Password section.
- After selecting the Forgot Password option, you will be asked to enter your Username ID and last name.
- Once you enter the details in the receptive section, tap on the Continue button.
- Now you will get a Password Reset mail on your registered backup email account. You need to open the email and tap on the Password reset link. The link will open a new page.
- On the succeeding page, you will see two sections. The first section is regarding Create New Password, and the second saying Re-enter New Password.
- So, create your new password and then re-enter your password in the respective sections. Then tap on the Confirm button.
- You must create a strong password that is longer than 8 characters and contains upper case, lower case, numerical and special characters.
How to Recover the SBCGlobal Email’s Username
When users do not operate their email accounts for a long time, then they also tend to forget their username. And this creates a lot of issues.
But if you have forgotten your SBCGlobal Email account, then you can easily recover it. Follow these steps to recover your SBCGlobal user ID or username:
- Firstly, open the email login page using the https://signin.att.com link.
- Here you need to select the Forgot User ID option, which you will find below the User ID section.
- On the next page, you need to enter your secondary email account in the Contact email section.
- Once you complete the above steps, you will receive your User ID email in the inbox of your secondary email account.
- In case you forget your Secondary email account, you can select the Forgot Contact email option. This way, you get other options like AT&T Registered Phone number or account number or billing zip code to receive your forgotten user ID.
The Server Settings of SBCGlobal Email
The following are the SBCGlobal email’s Incoming and Outgoing server settings to set up the email account on third-party email apps:
The Incoming server settings or IMAP settings should be the following:
- Server: imap.mail.att.net
- Port: 993
- Security: SSL/TLS
- Username: Your full email address
- Password: Your password
- Outgoing Server – SMTP
The Outgoing server settings or SMTP settings should be the following:
- Server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Port: 465
- Security: SSL/TLS
- Username: Your full email address
- Password: Your password
The Common Login issues with SBCGlobal Email
Just like every other email account or email service, you may find login issues with the SBCGlobal email account as well. However, most of the email login issues are common and can be resolved with some basic troubleshooting. But to troubleshoot, you first need to know the cause of the issue.
The following could be the possible reasons along with their troubleshooting for the login issue:
- So if you are experiencing the log-in issue, then first ensure if you are using the correct URL to login into your account. It is so because many fake login pages on the internet won’t let you login into your account. The correct URL to login into the SBCGlobal email account is https://signin.att.com.
- If you are certain that you are using the correct URL to access the email login page but still can’t log in, then check if your internet is working. To check the internet connection, try to open any website or webpage. If it takes a long time or you can’t open any other web page, then it means your internet is not working.
- However, if your browser can open other login pages, and you are sure that you are using the correct URL, then you should verify the login credentials you are using to access your email account. Ensure that your User ID is correct, as the wrong User ID won’t let you log in.
- Next, check that you are using the correct password, as the passwords are case-sensitive. If you are trying to copy-paste your password, then first paste your password on a Note file and check if you are not mistakenly copying any spaces as the passwords do not have spaces.
- There could be an issue with the AT&T email server, which could cause the log-in issue. You can check the server issue on https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/loginprodx.att.net.html.
- If the email servers are also working fine, it could be an issue with your Web Browser. So try to access the email login page using the Incognito tab. Also, delete the cache and cookie data of your browser. You can also try any other browser for logging in.
- Lastly, check if you have enabled any ad-blocking or plug-ins software on your device. In case you have, please disable such types of software and then try logging in.
Contact and Support of SBCGlobal Email
If the above-given troubleshooting steps do not resolve the login issue or if you are experiencing any other email issues, then you can freely contact the SBCGlobal support. However, as SBCGlobal is now a subsidiary of AT&T, AT&T will provide you email support. The AT&T tech support number is 800.288.2020
You can also connect with the AT&T tech support team through chat. Use the following steps to contact the AT&T chat support:
- Firstly, open the email login page using the https://signin.att.com webpage.
- Then select any option between Forgot User ID or Forgot Password.
- On the succeeding page, you will find a Chat button on the right side of the screen.
- Tap on the Chat button first, and then select the Chat to Representative option through the chatbox.
- Then write ‘Email’ in the chat section and then hit the Send button.
- Then select the Online Account & Sign-in help option.
- Next, type in your first name in the chat section, and again hit the Send button.
- Lastly, you will receive a Thank You message on your screen. Once you get this message, you will be connected to the technical support representative with whom you can discuss your email issue.
You can also use the Social media handles of AT&T to get tech support. The following are the official Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter handles of AT&T:
You can even make use of the following link to resolve your email issues: https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1044974