You may already know most things about the SBCGlobal email service as it has existed since the year 2005 and is quite famous among premium email service users. But still, if you are a new SBCGlobal email account user, we will tell you a little history of this email service.
The Southwestern Bell or the SBC communication was the first to offer this email service. But later in 2005, AT&T purchased and renamed SBC communication as SBCGlobal email services. So now this email service has become quite famous, and people even consider it an alternative to Gmail.
However, lately, we have seen some requests from users about encountering issues while sending emails through their SBCGlobal email account. Thus we have created this guide where you will find the easy ways to configure the POP3 settings of your SBCGlobal email account. And along with that, you will also find easy solutions to some of the most common issues of the SBCGlobal email account.
Another thing that we have found is that many email users use their SBCGlobal email account on any third-party email app. But, of course, the most common third-party email app is the Gmail app. So let’s first find out how you can set up your SBCGlobal email account on the Gmail App.
The POP3 Setup of SBCGlobal Email account on Gmail
Simply follow the following steps to set up your Gmail Account on the Gmail app:
- So foremost, you have to open the Gmail app on your device. Or look for mail.google.com in the search bar of your website.
- Once you land on Gmail’s email login page, you need to sign in to your Gmail account. You may already know this, but use your Gmail email address and associated password to login into your account. Once you are logged in, tap on the Settings And then, select the Mail Settings or See All Settings option from the Gmail app’s settings page.
- Now you need to select the Accounts and Import Then select the Check Email From Other Accounts or Check Mail Using POP3 option. Next, select the Add an Email Account option. After doing all this, you have to fill in your complete SBCGlobal Email address in the respective section. Then tap on the Next button, and after that, you have to enter your Username and Password in the respective sections.
- Now you have to fill in the following information in their respective section:
- Use att.net as the Inbound server option.
- And use 955 as the Inbound Port
- And it will be better if you select the option saying Always Use A Secure Connection (SSL)
- So these were the steps for setting up the POP3 settings of the SBCGlobal email account on Gmail. However, all these steps are even applicable if you are using the ATT legacy email addresses such as att.net, sbcglobal.net, snet.net, bellsouth.net, nvbell.net, swbell.net prodigy.net ameritech.net, flash.net, pacbell.net, and wans.net.
How can you configure the IMAP settings of ATT.net and SBCGlobal.net?
As you have come to know the POP3 settings configuration of SBCGlobal email, it will be more helpful if you know the IMAP settings configuration of the same:
- Use the following steps to configure the IMAP settings of the SBCGlobal email account:
- So foremost, open your Gmail email client app.
- Then tap on the File tab option from the top-left corner of the screen. Next, you need to select the Account Settings New option.
- Now find and select the Server Settings option to do the manual setup.
- Then select the Internet Email addresses tab, where you have to fill in your account information under the user information
- Now you have to select the IMAP as the Server information option. Then enter mail.att.net in the SBCGlobal Email IMAP incoming mail server option. And then enter 993 as the incoming port number.
- Next, you need to fill in the Outgoing mail server information. So first, enter mail.att.net in the SMTP outgoing mail server option. And then enter 465 or 587 as the Outgoing port number.
- And now, it will be better if you test the account settings to check your connection and email server settings.
- And lastly, tap on the Next button to finish the IMAP email settings protocol.
If you have created your SBCGlobal.net or ATT.net email account after June 11, 2021, it would be better to use the IMAP protocol on third-party email clients such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird. This would prevent your account from expiring. And with the help of the IMAP protocol, your emails won’t appear in your Gmail account anymore.
And to add the SBCGlobal.net or ATT.net email account, you have to use the IMAP as the server type option. Then use imap.mail.att.net for the server name and 993 as the incoming port number. And lastly, you need to enable the SSL option.
Some common issues that occur while using the SBCGlobal email account through Gmail
Just like every other email service, the SBCGlobal email app also shows some occasional errors. However, these errors can be easily resolved with some basic troubleshooting. The following is the list of some common errors or issues that occur while accessing the SBCGlobal email account, along with their most effective solutions:
- So the foremost troubleshooting step, whenever you experience issues while accessing the SBCGlobal email account through Gmail, is to check the settings. Be certain that you are using the correct email servers settings along with the correct login credentials
- Sometimes the email issues also occur while using the anti-virus software along with POP3 servers settings. So, in this case, you should temporarily disable the anti-virus software, especially while using your Gmail account. And if this specific troubleshooting resolves the email issue, the Anti-virus software is certainly causing the issue.
- Be extra careful if you find any email suspicious. Plus, you should be very cautious while opening such emails. Although you have to use anti-virus software to save your device from such suspicious and infective emails, you can use an alternate or new antivirus software if your current one is also causing issues with your email.
- And lastly, you can also use any other third-party email app other than Gmail to access your SBCGlobal email account. To remove your SBCGlobal email account, open the Settings tab of your Gmail account. Then select the Account and Import And lastly, tap on the Delete button adjacent to your SBCGlobal email account.
We consistently provide help with Att.net Mail accounts. So, if you face any technical or general issues with your AT&T email account, come to our website.